Plastic Surgery Specials
Laser procedures can be done year round as long as the proper skin care guidelines are followed.
- Sunscreen. You must wear sunscreen every day!
- Even if you don't plan on spending the day at Zilker Park, you need to wear sunscreen even to run to Whole Foods. Post laser treatment sun exposure can increase the risk of uneven pigmentation and improper healing. As long as you use SPF higher than 30 having laser treatment in July is OK.
- Give your skin a break.
- Be sure to schedule time in between your treatments. If you are going to Mexico in a week this is not a recommended time to have laser resurfacing. Let your tan cool down a little and then come on in!
-Helen Coquin , Medical Aesthetician at APSI Skin Care Clinic
What is your favorite summertime makeup routine?
- I'm Mixing my Elta MD Tinted Daily SPF 40 with my makeup primer, it gives me the protection and hydration I need!
Which filler are your clients loving right now?
-Volllure by Allergan is subtle and long lasting. For those with moderate lines in the Nasolabial Folds and Marionette lines.
-Lauren Riley PA-C at APSI Skin Care Clinic
Volbella is lasting longer
- I like that Volbella doesn't swell as much and it is lasting well past 6 months.
Eat your pineapple!
- Bromelain enzyme is the same powerhouse component in arnica. It helps prevent bruising and swelling.
-Patty Belisle RN Injector